- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the celery, carrots and onion in oil until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the broth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until soup is heated through. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Butter Bean Veggie Soup
Sort By :
I added 2 cloves garlic with other veggies and a couple handfuls of chopped raw Kale in the simmering process at the end. I had made this by the recipe the first time and thought it needed more spices. Now I add a tablespoon of Emeril's essence and a tablespoon of soul seasoning and its delish.
This was better than expected! I used a 1 pound bag of frozen butter beans (thawed in the refrigerator) and a can of diced tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes. Quite tasty!
I have made this delicious soup several times. The only thing I change is adding about 1/2 tsp of minced garlic when I saute the veggies. This is a very healty, low calorie and down right tasty soup. Thank you Dorothy!
easy to make. great taste. best veg soup i ever made.