Butter Bean Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, onion, yellow squash, zucchini and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 5-6 servings.
1 cup: 121 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Butter Bean Tomato Salad
"I thought this was okay, but not great. My mother really liked it though and took home all the leftovers."
"Easy. Great summer salad."
"like another viewer said light and fresh followed receipe to a tee. will make again"
"Great tasting salad! I wouldn't change a thing about it."
"This is absolutely delicious. It is a perfect summer salad-so fresh and light."