Butter Bean Tomato Salad Recipe
“I make this simple salad often for summer barbecues,” writes Denise Neal of Castle Rock, Colorado. “People always like it and ask for the recipe. It can be made a day ahead and kept in the fridge. And it’s good served cold or at room temperature.” TIP: Use care when tossing the salad with the dressing to prevent the tender butter beans from getting crushed.
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, onion, yellow squash, zucchini and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 5-6 servings.
1 cup equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC