“I make this simple salad often for summer barbecues,” writes Denise Neal of Castle Rock, Colorado. “People always like it and ask for the recipe. It can be made a day ahead and kept in the fridge. And it’s good served cold or at room temperature.” TIP: Use care when tossing the salad with the dressing to prevent the tender butter beans from getting crushed.
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, onion, yellow squash, zucchini and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Originally published as Butter Bean Tomato Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p41
Reviews for Butter Bean Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review