Butter Bean Tomato Salad Recipe
“I make this simple salad often for summer barbecues,” writes Denise Neal of Castle Rock, Colorado. “People always like it and ask for the recipe. It can be made a day ahead and kept in the fridge. And it’s good served cold or at room temperature.” TIP: Use care when tossing the salad with the dressing to prevent the tender butter beans from getting crushed.
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, onion, yellow squash, zucchini and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Originally published as Butter Bean Tomato Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p41
Reviews for Butter Bean Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2013
Easy. Great summer salad.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2010
like another viewer said light and fresh followed receipe to a tee. will make again
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2010
Great tasting salad! I wouldn't change a thing about it.
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2008
This is absolutely delicious. It is a perfect summer salad-so fresh and light.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Salad Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >