Butter Bean Salad Recipe
This is a nice summery side that uses flavorful olive oil and tastes fresh, even though it uses canned beans. It’s sure to perk up any picnic spread. Sandra Jackson - Mobile, AL
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, peppers, onion and garlic. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 147 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC