Butter Ball Chiffons Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pudding mix, water and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in nuts and chopped candy bars.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 cookies (calculated without additional confectioners' sugar) equals 141 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Butter Ball Chiffons
"Absolutely deeeeelish =) Easy to make. After they cooled a bit I dusted them with powdered sugar. Yummy."
"I didn't like this cookie--it was easy to make, but didn't like the flavor--maybe it would be better if it had lemon zest for a more "real" lemon taste."
"This was such a good shortbread cookie recipe. I've made them with the lemon and heath bars as well as with chocolate pudding and coconut! I think any comob would be good!"
"If you like shortbread cookies, you'll like these. I wasn't sure about the mixture of lemon and chocolate, but it worked!"
"I haven't made them but from what others have wrote, I will be making them as, my husband HAS too have his cookies AND either,yogurt or an Equate drink every day for lunch. These sound like he'd like them.I may not have the lemon pudding either,as one of the ladies ask about using vanilla pudding.Don't think it'd be the same consistancy as the lemon but I'll try it to see how they turn out. Thanks for the great recipe sharing!Wyoming resident"
"Thanks for this tasty easy recipe. Interesting flavor combo - lemon and chocolate. But the family liked them. I didn't have the heath bars, so just used chocolate chips with the pecans I already had on hand."
"Can I substitute the lemon pudding for vanilla pudding?"
"These butter ball chiffons are really easy to make and my family asks for them repeatedly. They love the recipe and so do I, so it will be a keeper for us for a long time to come."
"These were good! Thank you"