Butter Almond Cookies Recipe
Tender and toasty, these buttery almond bites were a winner with our taste testers. —Jeanette Meidal, Savage, Minnesota
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 5 tablespoons butter and egg yolk until smooth. Add cookie mix and mix well.
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 15-20 times or until smooth. Roll into a 12-in. square. Spread remaining butter to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 3. Combine sugar and extract; sprinkle over half of the dough. Fold dough over sugar mixture; pinch edges to seal. Lightly beat egg white; brush over top of dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 4. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 5. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut widthwise with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice in half lengthwise. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC