- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 5 tablespoons butter and egg yolk until smooth. Add cookie mix and mix well.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 15-20 times or until smooth. Roll into a 12-in. square. Spread remaining butter to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Combine sugar and extract; sprinkle over half of the dough. Fold dough over sugar mixture; pinch edges to seal. Lightly beat egg white; brush over top of dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Transfer to a cutting board. Cut widthwise with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice in half lengthwise. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Butter Almond Cookies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p85
Reviews for Butter Almond Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review