Butter & Herb Turkey
My kids love a turkey meal, and this one falls off the bone. It's the ideal recipe for special family times and holidays. —Rochelle Popovic, South Bend, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Rub turkey with butter. Combine the rosemary, thyme, garlic powder
- and pepper; sprinkle over turkey. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour
- broth over top. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine
- cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings (3 cups gravy).
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked turkey with 1/4 cup gravy equals 339 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 48 g protein.