Butter & Herb Turkey Recipe
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Rub turkey with butter. Combine the rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over turkey. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour broth over top. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- 2. Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings (3 cups gravy).
5 ounces cooked turkey with 1/4 cup gravy equals 339 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 48 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer