Busy Mom's Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, beans, tomatoes, peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken and return to the slow cooker; heat through.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Busy Mom's Chicken Fajitas(30)
Sort By :
I had some chicken breast left over from a grilled chicken,so I did not put it in a slow cooker I cooked it on the stove top it was great
Was slighly runny, but a slotted spoon does the trick. I ate it with sourcream and lettuce. It was amazing. Everyone loved it!
This was amazing! It was a little watery but over rice it was still amazing!
This was a great recipe! It was a little bland, (still very good) I will be adding a jalapeno, or a dash of Cayenne pepper for more kick next time! Easy to leave in the fridge for a quick heat and eat meal!
I've made this multiple times, turns out wonderful every time :) my fiancé requests this at least once a month! GREAT recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >