Busy Day Salad
With our children gone from home now, I spend a lot of time trying to convert recipe I made for our large family into recipes for just my husband, Lee and me. We really enjoy this salad.Bettie Walker, Lancaster, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup julienned salami
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- On a serving plate or two individual serving plates, arrange the
- lettuce, ham, salami and eggs. In a small bowl, combine dressing
- ingredients. Serve with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 416 calories, 36 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 246 mg cholesterol, 1,254 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.