It was time to use or lose some pork chops I had in the fridge, so I dressed them in bread crumbs and Parmesan and baked them up. Necessity sure is the mother of invention. —Dee Maltby, Wayne, Ohio
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, toss crumbs with cheese and seasonings.
- Dip pork chops in milk, then coat with crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly spritz chops with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Busy-Day Pork Chops in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p23
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Busy-Day Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review