Busy-Day Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Dip pork chops in milk, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz chops with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 178 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.