Busy-Day Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer gently, covered, for 30 minutes. Add water if a thinner stew is desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 312 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Busy-Day Dinner
"I enjoyed this recipe because it's so easy to switch up the ingredients. I added in zucchini, fresh chives & a large garlic clove. I cut the carrots, onions, and tomatoes by half and eliminated the chili powder. I stir-fried the vegetables first, then added the rest of the ingredients & simmered about 10 minutes. It was very tasty with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top."
"This was a disappointing casserole. The flavor was not very exciting, although the leftovers were better than the first day. All the chopping took me quite a while--certainly not a meal to prepare when there's little time!"
"This is absolutely delicious; the flavors blend together so well. Feel free to substitute your favorite veggies (love zucchini). A very satisfying quick dinner."