I have used this recipe for over 30 years because it is delicious and so easy to make. You can mix it up in an electric skillet or on your stovetop. Kids love the tomato flavor and the crunch of the celery.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer gently, covered, for 30 minutes. Add water if a thinner stew is desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Busy-Day Dinner in Reminisce January/February 1993, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Busy-Day Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review