Busy-Day Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream, sliced ripe olives and thinly sliced green onions
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker; add black beans, pepper and onion. In a small bowl, mix picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with tortillas, cheese and toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Busy-Day Chicken Fajitas(3)
Sort By :
Guess it was a hit because my man hates fajitas but he liked these and so did my guests. He said that he?d like them with corn tortillas instead. Okay but not great so I guess that I will not be making them again.
I'm not a chicken lover but this recipe is super terrific and easy. Will keep it in my favorites cookbook.
Que bueno! This is an easy, yet delicious fajitas recipe. Because you can cook it in the crock pot, it is ready when you get home from work. Nice layers of flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Mexican Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- View All Simple Recipes >