- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes and sour cream, optional
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker; add black beans, pepper and onion. In a small bowl, mix picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with tortillas, cheese and toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Busy-Day Chicken Fajitas
Sort By :
"These were okay but, really didn't feel like s sizzling fajita that my family is use to so we had trouble thinking of them as fajitas. It was simple enough and had great taste and flavor. We would just need to name it something else. Oh they were a bit soupy too for some reason and we needed to drain the juice off to make them less sloppy once in the tortilla."
"This worked out very well for us, even the picky eaters enjoyed it. Very easy to put together plus crock pot convenience make this one a keeper for us."
"Guess it was a hit because my man hates fajitas but he liked these and so did my guests. He said that he?d like them with corn tortillas instead. Okay but not great so I guess that I will not be making them again."
"I'm not a chicken lover but this recipe is super terrific and easy. Will keep it in my favorites cookbook."
"Que bueno! This is an easy, yet delicious fajitas recipe. Because you can cook it in the crock pot, it is ready when you get home from work. Nice layers of flavor."