Busy-Day Chicken Fajitas Recipe
When I don't have much time to cook supper, slow cooker chicken fajitas are a flavorful way to keep my family full and satisfied. If you aren't cooking for young tastes, try spicing things up with medium or hot picante sauce. —Michele Furry, Plains, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes and sour cream, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker; add black beans, pepper and onion. In a small bowl, mix picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Remove chicken and cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with tortillas, cheese and toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC