Busy-Day Chicken Fajitas Recipe
When I don't have much time to cook supper, slow cooker chicken fajitas are a flavorful way to keep my family full and satisfied. If you aren't cooking for young tastes, try spicing things up with medium or hot picante sauce. —Michele Furry, Plains, Montana
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes and sour cream, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker; add black beans, pepper and onion. In a small bowl, mix picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Remove chicken and cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with tortillas, cheese and toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC