- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 pounds fish fillets
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and soup mix. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Cut fish into serving-size pieces; coat with sour cream mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Busy-Day Baked Fish
Sort By :
"Not sure if I did something wrong but I think it lacked flavor. None of my family ate more than one piece and I had cut the filets in half so they were not big pieces to begin with."
"I think this is a terrible way to prepare fish, the fat and calories are a shame ."
"I can't believe something this simple tastes this awesome! I used halibut. I found it cooked up rather quickly, so I would adjust the cooking time to 10 minutes. It was done just perfectly at that time. I guess it all depends on the thickness of your fish, but definitely start checking before 12 minutes. This will definitely be added to my regular rotation for fish!"
"Made this with cod and it was fantastic. I was a little short of a cup of sour cream so I added about 2 TBS mayo along with the onion soup mix."
"This was easy and it tasted good. We really liked it."