Busy Day Bacon Muffins Recipe
Tender and filled with the irresistible flavor of bacon, these simple muffins will disappear in a hurry. Serve them with breakfast, soup or a salad. —Gracie Shrader, Trenton, Georgia
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon.
- 3. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Serve warm.
- 4. Freeze option: Wrap cooled baked muffins in plastic wrap; transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen up to 3 months. To use, remove plastic wrap. Thaw at room temperature. Warm if desired. Yield: 9 muffins.
1 muffin equals 161 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC