Busy Day Bacon Muffins
Tender and filled with the irresistible flavor of bacon, these simple muffins will disappear in a hurry. Serve them with breakfast, soup or a salad. —Gracie Shrader, Trenton, Georgia
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp;
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In a small
- bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in bacon.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 13-15 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Serve
- Yield: 9 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 161 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.