Busy Day Bacon Muffins
Tender and filled with the irresistible flavor of bacon, these simple muffins will disappear in a hurry. Serve them with breakfast, soup or a salad. —Gracie Shrader, Trenton, Georgia
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- Cook bacon according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a
- large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In a small bowl, combine
- egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold
- in bacon.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for
- 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out
- clean. Serve warm.
- To freeze, wrap muffins in foil; transfer to a resealable plastic
- freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen muffins: Remove foil. Thaw at room temperature. Warm if
- desired. Yield: 9 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 161 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.