- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Serve warm.
- Freeze option: Wrap cooled baked muffins in plastic wrap; transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen up to 3 months. To use, remove plastic wrap. Thaw at room temperature. Warm if desired. Yield: 9 muffins.
Reviews for Busy Day Bacon Muffins
Sort By :
"These weren't a big hit as is with my family. They don't have as much flavor as I was looking for. With some tweaks, adding a little garlic powder, chili powder, and more bacon; they are much better"
"Мне тоже они показались суховаты"
"These bacon muffins are so good, they get made every time we're in a hurry. They're easy and done in no time and vanish so fast, I make a triple batch."
"made these for my husband to take to work for his breakfast added some shredded cheese because they looked like they needed something extra, but they came out dry and had no flavor. I think they need some oil, will play with it some to suit my families tastes maybe use sausage next time."
"These muffins were really good and so easy to make. They needed a little something extra for flavor, so I added finely shredded cheddar and they were a huge hit."