Bushel of Cookies Recipe
This recipe turns out what seems like a bushelful of cookiesthat's probably how it got its name. But watch out! They disappear fast in a crowd. The flavor of the raisins and pecans comes through in every bite, and the butterscotch chips add a deliciously distinctive taste.Martha Schwartz, Jackson, Ohio
- 2 pounds raisins
- 1 pound pecans
- 5 cups butter, softened
- 11 cups sugar
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 quart milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 12 cups quick-cooking oats
- 21 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) butterscotch chips
- Grind or finely chop raisins and pecans; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, a few at a time, mixing well after each. Add syrup, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in oats, raisins and pecans. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into oat mixture. Fold in chips. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Yield: 24 dozen.
Originally published as Bushel of Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p54
Reviews for Bushel of Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review