- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 8 slices process American cheese
- Taco sauce and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili, salsa and green chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful beef mixture off center on each tortilla. Top each with a slice of cheese; roll up. Serve with taco sauce and lettuce if desired. Yield: 8 burritos.
Reviews for Burritos Made Easy
Sort By :
We made this recipe in our 6th grade Home and Career Skills class and we found it enjoyable to eat as well as prepare (except for the onion chopping!) It didn't take much time either.
I am put off by American cheese and chili in a can BUT I replaced the cheese with cheddar and tried the chili in a can anyway and we really liked these. Not only were they super easy but they tasted good too. Very pleased with this recipe.
It's called burritos made easy NOT authentic. Give it a rest already!!
It's called burritos made easy not burritos authentic. Skn
For me, real Mexican or Tex-Mex food is made with shredded beef or pork. Ground beef in Mexican or Tex-Mex food is terrible. It is so easy to do the shredded meat, why bother to use ground beef! Shredded meat is so much better and more authentic!