Burritos Made Easy Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 8 slices process American cheese
- Taco sauce and shredded lettuce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili, salsa and green chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Spoon about 1/2 cupful beef mixture off center on each tortilla. Top each with a slice of cheese; roll up. Serve with taco sauce and lettuce if desired. Yield: 8 burritos.
1 each: 365 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 957mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Burritos Made Easy
"We made this recipe in our 6th grade Home and Career Skills class and we found it enjoyable to eat as well as prepare (except for the onion chopping!) It didn't take much time either."
"I am put off by American cheese and chili in a can BUT I replaced the cheese with cheddar and tried the chili in a can anyway and we really liked these. Not only were they super easy but they tasted good too. Very pleased with this recipe."
"It's called burritos made easy NOT authentic. Give it a rest already!!"
"It's called burritos made easy not burritos authentic. Skn"
"For me, real Mexican or Tex-Mex food is made with shredded beef or pork. Ground beef in Mexican or Tex-Mex food is terrible. It is so easy to do the shredded meat, why bother to use ground beef! Shredded meat is so much better and more authentic!"
"yes always cheddar cheese if it says american cheese you can bet someone is not use to eating mexican food"
"This would also freeze! Wrap individual burritos in plastic wrap or snack size zip lock bags. Put each of these in a FREEZER zip lock bag. Pull one out or freezer bag, microwave and eat. I have packed these in my family lunches -- nice change from sandwiches, and a microwave is almost always available at worksite. WV Country Gal"
"American Cheese is never used in Mexican food. Change it to Cheddar Cheese"
"Very good and very simple. Even my snoopy husband enjoyed them."
"very yummy and i love how simple it is!!!"
"My husband & 18 yr old son loved these!!"
"MADE THIS AND THE ONLY CHANGE I MADE WAS TO ADD SOME FROZEN WHOLE KERNEL CORN WHEN ADDING THE CHILI AND SALSA, JUST TO GET A BIT MORE VEGGIES IN THE DISH AND EVERYONE LOVED IT!"
"This was an awesomely easy burrito to put together and my family LOVED IT (everyone). What else can I ask for from a recipe? It will definitely become one of my favorite recipes to make."