These easy burritos are packed with a bean and beef filling with a taste of the Southwest. And since the recipe makes eight big burritos, you can feed a crowd! Jennifer McKinney - Washington, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1-1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 8 slices process American cheese
- Taco sauce and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili, salsa and green chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful beef mixture off center on each tortilla. Top each with a slice of cheese; roll up. Serve with taco sauce and lettuce if desired. Yield: 8 burritos.
Originally published as Burritos Made Easy in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p29
Reviews for Burritos Made Easy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review