Burrito Stack Recipe
Folks love the beefy bean and cheese layers in this main dish. I sometimes cut it into smaller wedges to serve as appetizers.—Catherine Allen, Twin Falls, Idaho
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook tortillas, one at a time, in oil until lightly browned and puffed, about 30 seconds on each side. Drain on paper towels. In the same skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans chilies, salsa and salt. Place one tortilla in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with a fourth of the bean mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers three times. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Garnish with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 467 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 855mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Burrito Stack
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC