Folks love the beefy bean and cheese layers in this main dish. I sometimes cut it into smaller wedges to serve as appetizers.—Catherine Allen, Twin Falls, Idaho
Recommended: 30 Mexican Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook tortillas, one at a time, in oil until lightly browned and puffed, about 30 seconds on each side. Drain on paper towels. In the same skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans chilies, salsa and salt. Place one tortilla in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with a fourth of the bean mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers three times. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Garnish with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Burrito Stack in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p295
Reviews for Burrito Stack
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review