Burrito Pie Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), halved
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the beans, taco sauce, tomatoes, chilies and olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Spread 1 cup meat mixture in each of two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Layer with four tortilla halves, 1 cup meat mixture and 2/3 cup cheese. Repeat twice.
- 3. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 4. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
1 piece: 525 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1253mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Burrito Pie
"My entire family loved it! I did add a 1/2 package of taco seasoning mix."
"very good. I would suggest serving with chips, sour cream, and a side of lettuce"
"Easy and tastes great!!"
"I loved it and so did my family. The first time I made it I misread the directions and it still was good. Today I made it again and it was great and as a Pastor's wife I like to have something in the freezer to give away if someone is in need. This is a keeper!"
"Kids loved it & immediately asked for it to be made again. Even better I have one in the freezer for the next time!"