Burrito Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Minute® Ready to Serve Spanish Rice Mix
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: salsa, sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, taco sauce and/or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, taco seasoning and cumin; heat through.
- Heat rice according to package directions. Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoonfuls beans. Spread 1 cup meat mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 4 tortillas and a third of the rice, a third of the remaining meat mixture and a third of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas, rice and meat mixture (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Burrito Lasagna
Sort By :
"Cut this recipe in half for me and my husband and it was delicious. The leftovers warmed really well, and we got 3 dinners and a lunch out of it! We make the full recipe anytime we have friends or family over and it always gets rave reviews."
"My family loves this recipe and I make it quite often. I like to change it up too. I had to substitute the Spanish rice for rice-a-roni once and now I use it every time because the family prefers it, they say it gives it extra flavor. I switch it up and add corn or black beans or salsa or even all of those together to the layers. Enjoy this recipe, it's a keeper and a favorite!! :)"
"This has quickly become a family favorite. I am on a low sodium diet and my husband I'd on a fat restricted diet. It is easy to modify this accordingly with low fat tortillas, rice, enchilada sauce, and fat free cheddar cheese. Even with the adaptations, even those without dietary restraints find it tasty and delicious with its wonderful southwest flavor....Yummy!!"
"This is delicious. My family loves it."
"Sounds good and has great reviews....but it sounds incredibly high is sodium. I think I will adjust recipe to reduce prepared seasoning to cut down on sodium numbers. I am going to try adding onions, garlic, extra cumin, chili powder, etc. to keep recipe tasting great. Looking forward to trying new recipe."