Burrito Lasagna Recipe
A friend showed me how to make stacked enchiladas years ago. I took it even further to create this filling casserole. I serve it with Mexican corn or chips and dip. I love the rave reviews I get every time I make it.—Deana Briggs, Maud, Texas
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: salsa, sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, taco sauce and/or sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, taco seasoning and cumin; heat through.
- 2. Heat rice according to package directions. Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoonfuls beans. Spread 1 cup meat mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 4 tortillas and a third of the rice, a third of the remaining meat mixture and a third of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas, rice and meat mixture (dish will be full).
- 3. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece (calculated without toppings) equals 515 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,325 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC