- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped green pepper, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, onion and taco seasoning.
- Unroll crescent roll dough. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations.
- Spread beef mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Burrito Bake
""I made these baked burritos for my grandchildren last night and talk about a huge hit. They loved it. They are big fans of crescent rolls so I knew they'd love that part. There was a debate whether they were more like burritos or tacos. My granddaughter said it's more like puffy nachos. In any case, they loved it and have asked that I make it again for their next sleepover.""
"Super simple! Big hit at our house!"
"Hi Spiritvamp,The dough is on the bottom, the filling spilled over in the center hiding it. What you're seeing on top is all the glorious cheese.Hope that helps,Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"The picture is very misleading. Recipe calls for the dough on the bottom topped with meat and cheese mixture, but it actually looks like the meat is on the bottom and the dough on top. Guess it go either way?"
"Very quick to make and tasty too! Only change I made was the use of reduced fat crescent rolls for the crust in order to make this a bit healthier. My Family Is NOT a big fan of lettuce as a topping. I served with salsa and no fat sour cream. Delicious!!"
"Family love it"
"very tasty. my family loves this"
"This was a treat. The combination of the Mexican spice & the sweetness of the crescent dough made this delectable. Didn't want to stop eating."
"A quick and easy meal! I usually substitute refrigerated biscuits or a refrigerated pie crust for the crescent rolls. My family LOVES when I make it!"
"Have been baking this Burrito Bake for several years now(since it appeared in TOH cookbook)--everyone that has tried it loves it-both those preparing and those eating! It is not only tasty, and if you use low-fat ingredients-it is also healthy and sooo easy to prepare!Thanks for this great recipe!"