Years ago when I was in college, my roommate would frequently make this economical casserole. It's so easy to put together, and one serving goes a long way.—Cindee Ness, Horace, North Dakota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped green pepper, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, onion and taco seasoning.
- Unroll crescent roll dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations.
- Spread beef mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Burrito Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p288
Reviews for Burrito Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review