Years ago when I was in college, my roommate would frequently make this economical casserole. It's so easy to put together, and one serving goes a long way.Cindee Ness, Horace, North Dakota
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped green pepper, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium
- heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, onion and taco
- Unroll crescent roll dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of
- a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations.
- Spread beef mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake,
- uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with toppings
- of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 589 calories, 33 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,510 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein.