- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped green pepper, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, onion and taco seasoning.
- Unroll crescent roll dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations.
- Spread beef mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Burrito Bake
"Hi Spiritvamp,The dough is on the bottom, the filling spilled over in the center hiding it. What you're seeing on top is all the glorious cheese.Hope that helps,Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"The picture is very misleading. Recipe calls for the dough on the bottom topped with meat and cheese mixture, but it actually looks like the meat is on the bottom and the dough on top. Guess it go either way?"
"Very quick to make and tasty too! Only change I made was the use of reduced fat crescent rolls for the crust in order to make this a bit healthier. My Family Is NOT a big fan of lettuce as a topping. I served with salsa and no fat sour cream. Delicious!!"
"Family love it"
"very tasty. my family loves this"