2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 4 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 3 ounces Cognac or brandy
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Cinnamon sticks and sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the
- vanilla, spices and orange peel. Remove from the heat; add Cognac.
- Return pan to the heat and carefully ignite Cognac mixture.
- Slowly pour brewed coffee over flames to extinguish. Discard orange
- peel; stir in brown sugar until blended. Ladle into mugs. Serve
- immediately with cinnamon sticks and whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: Keep liquor bottles and other flammables at a safe distance when preparing this beverage. We do not recommend using a nonstick skillet.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without whipped cream) equals 153 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium,