- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 4 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 3 ounces Cognac or brandy
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Cinnamon sticks and sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the vanilla, spices and orange peel. Remove from the heat; add Cognac. Return pan to the heat and carefully ignite Cognac mixture.
- Slowly pour brewed coffee over flames to extinguish. Discard orange peel; stir in brown sugar until blended. Ladle into mugs. Serve immediately with cinnamon sticks and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Burning Flame Cafe in Fresh Home Winter 2011, p98
Reviews for Burning Flame Cafe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review