Buried Surprise Cupcakes Recipe
Most kids will love the gruesome gummy body parts they find in the center of these cupcakes, but if it is too much for you, use any kind of autumn-motif gummies for the same sweet taste!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 24 Halloween gummy candy body parts or gummy candy finger rings
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 6 to 12 drops purple neon food coloring
- Purple sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Beat in the water, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 in. deep in the top of each cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Fill each with 1 teaspoon spreadable fruit and a gummy candy; replace tops. Tint frosting; spread over cupcakes and sprinkle with purple sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Buried Surprise Cupcakes
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2011
"These were wonderful and everyone at work & the kids' classmates loved them!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC