Most kids will love the gruesome gummy body parts they find in the center of these cupcakes, but if it is too much for you, use any kind of autumn-motif gummies for the same sweet taste!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 24 Halloween gummy candy body parts or gummy candy finger rings
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 6 to 12 drops purple neon food coloring
- Purple sugar
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Beat in the water, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 in. deep in the top of each cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Fill each with 1 teaspoon spreadable fruit and a gummy candy; replace tops. Tint frosting; spread over cupcakes and sprinkle with purple sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Buried Surprise Cupcakes in Halloween Party Favorites 2008, p34
Reviews for Buried Surprise Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review