With just a few ingredients and about 30 minutes, this hearty classic comes to the table quickly. Serve it with your favorite green salad or vegetable for a well-rounded meal. Jennifer Hess - Cupertino, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and paprika. Add
- beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Add soup and wine; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until
- meat is no longer pink and sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup burgundy steak with 3/4 cup noodles equals 360 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet