- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cup red Burgundy wine or grape juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Melon balls, halved grapes and strawberries
- Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag.
- In a large saucepan, combine the wine or grape juice, sugar and vinegar; add spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Discard spice bag. Cool dressing slightly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Serve over fruit. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Burgundy Salad Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p149
Reviews for Burgundy Salad Dressing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review