Burgundy Pears Recipe
These warm spiced pears elevate slow cooking to a new level of elegance, yet they're incredibly easy to make. Your friends won't believe this fancy-looking dessert came from a slow cooker. -Elizabeth Hanes Peralta, New Mexico
- 6 medium ripe pears
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Burgundy wine or grape juice
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Peel pears, leaving stems intact. Core from the bottom. Stand pears upright in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, wine or grape juice, marmalade, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Carefully pour over pears.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until tender. To serve, drizzle pears with sauce and garnish with vanilla ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC