Burgundy Beef Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, carrots and green pepper; place roast on top. In a small bowl, combine the soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce, soup mix and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat; place in a large saucepan.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the beef, vegetables and noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 308 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Burgundy Beef
"This was so good. Used cabernet red wine I had on hand, and subed celery for the green pepper. The gravy was so Yum!"
"This was ok"
"This is an awesome recipe. I've been looking for this recipe for I dont know how long. Enjoy."