Burgundy Beef Recipe
On chilly days, it's a pleasure coming home to this savory pot roast bubbling in the slow cooker. The tender beef, vegetables and tasty gravy are mouthwatering over a bed of noodles. —Lora Snyder, Columbus, Massachusetts
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, carrots and green pepper; place roast on top. In a small bowl, combine the soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce, soup mix and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat; place in a large saucepan.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the beef, vegetables and noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Burgundy Beef
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC