When I make burgers or hot dogs for boating or barbecues, I do a topping that tastes like relish meets salsa. Pile it on any griller you like. —Valonda Seward, Coarsegold, California
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Jalapenos in Your Life
- 1 jar (10 ounces) dill pickle relish
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- For salsa, in a bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In two batches, grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with salsa. Yield: 12 servings (3 cups salsa).
Originally published as Burgers with Spicy Dill Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Burgers with Spicy Dill Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review