Burgers for a Bunch Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hamburger relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Additional milk
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potato flakes, egg, ketchup, relish and mustard; set aside.
- For crust, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Stir in 1/4 cup potato flakes; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cream of tartar and baking soda and remaining potato flakes. Cut in remaining butter; add milk and mayonnaise. Blend until a soft dough forms.
- Divide in half. On a floured surface, roll one portion of dough into a 10-in. circle. Place in a 9-in. pie plate. Spread with meat filling; sprinkle with cheese. Roll out remaining dough and place on top of filling. Seal and flute edges. Brush with milk; sprinkle with reserved buttered potato mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Burgers for a Bunch(1)
Sort By :
I have been making this recipe since 1973 and just love it! I misplaced the recipe I was given in the 70's and decided to "google" the recipe, and there to my surprise, it was!! So glad that I found it. It is a very simple recipe, but everyone seems to like it.
Thanks to Google for directing me to Taste of Home!
Chula Vista, Ca