Burgers Cacciatore Recipe
- 5 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place four mushroom caps on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender; keep warm.
- 3. Finely chop mushroom stems and remaining mushroom cap; place in a large bowl. Add the chopped onion, red pepper, shredded cheese, tomato paste, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and remaining salt. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix well.
- 4. Shape into four patties. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and meat juices run clear.
- 5. Place 1/2 cup arugula on each mushroom cap; top with a turkey patty and a cheese slice. Broil for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato and onion slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 347 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 809 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Burgers Cacciatore
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.