Burger Americana Recipe
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Toppings of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with toppings. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger (calculated without toppings): 429 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Burger Americana
"This was a very simple, yet flavorful recipe. This is now my go-to recipe for doing burgers on the grill. They held together very well and everyone was able to customize their burger just the way they liked it."