Go on a burger road trip in your own backyard. Grill the patties and load them sky high. Peanut butter and bacon make them southern style; coleslaw and tomatoes, a northern version. —Susan Mahaney, New Hartford, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add
- beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick
- patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your
- thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on
- buns with toppings. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (calculated without toppings) equals 429 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 796 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as