Burger Americana Recipe
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Toppings of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with toppings. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger (calculated without toppings): 429 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Burger Americana
"This is my kind of recipe! Easy and tasty! I used ground turkey and Worcestershire Pub burger seasoning instead of the ground beef and salt and pepper."
"This was a very simple, yet flavorful recipe. This is now my go-to recipe for doing burgers on the grill. They held together very well and everyone was able to customize their burger just the way they liked it."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.