Bunny Pear Salad
All dressed up for the Easter parade, these darling bunny salads sent by Albertine Sperling of Abbotsford, British Columbia make a cute and festive side dish for your family feast. What kids wouldn’t have fun helping to assemble their own…and extras for guests?
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Red lettuce leaves
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 12 dried currants or raisins
- 8 whole almonds
- 4 baby carrots
- 4 parsley sprigs
- Whipped cream in a can
- Arrange lettuce on four salad plates; place a pear half cut side down
- on each plate. For eyes, insert two currants at narrow end of pear;
- add one currant for nose. For ears, insert almonds upright behind
- With a sharp knife, cut a small hole at one end of each carrot;
- insert a parsley sprig for carrot top. Place under bunny's nose. For
- tail, spray a small mound of whipped cream at the wide end of each
- pear. Yield: 4 servings.