Celebrate spring with these cute critters that our home economists created from a cake mix, frosting and marshmallows. Cookies form the ears while candy gives the rapid rabbits their funny faces.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting, divided
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 12 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 24 miniature pink jelly beans
- 12 miniature red jelly beans
- 24 miniature white jelly beans
- Red shoestring licorice
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring
- 48 small oval sugar cookies
- Prepare and bake cupcake according to package directions for
- cupcakes. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup frosting and green food coloring;
- frost cupcake. Set remaining frosting aside. Cut marshmallows in
- half; immediately dip cut ends into coconut. Place coconut side up
- on cupcakes to form heads.
- Cut pink and red jelly beans in half widthwise. Cut white jelly beans
- in half lengthwise. With a toothpick, dab reserved frosting onto cut
- sides of pink jelly bean halves; attach to marshmallows for eyes.
- Attach red jelly beans for noses and white jelly beans for teeth.
- For whiskers, cut licorice into 1-in. pieces; attach four pieces to