- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting, divided
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 12 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 24 miniature pink jelly beans
- 12 miniature red jelly beans
- 24 miniature white jelly beans
- Red shoestring licorice
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring
- 48 small oval sugar cookies
- Prepare and bake cupcake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup frosting and green food coloring; frost cupcake. Set remaining frosting aside. Cut marshmallows in half; immediately dip cut ends into coconut. Place coconut side up on cupcakes to form heads.
- Cut pink and red jelly beans in half widthwise. Cut white jelly beans in half lengthwise. With a toothpick, dab reserved frosting onto cut sides of pink jelly bean halves; attach to marshmallows for eyes. Attach red jelly beans for noses and white jelly beans for teeth.
- For whiskers, cut licorice into 1-in. pieces; attach four pieces to each cupcake. Tint remaining frosting pink. Cut a small hole in corner of a resealable plastic bag; add pink frosting. For ears, pipe an oval outline toward center of each cookie; insert two ears into each cupcake. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bunny Cupcake in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p19
Reviews for Bunny Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2010
Made this recipe for an Easter party for the 1st grade class at a disadvantaged elementary school in our area. They were really cute, and tasty too! The school staff was so impressed and the children loved them. The only thing that made me give the recipe "4 stars" instead of 5 is they were not "quick cooking" to me. The assembly alone took me a couple of hours. And I just could not get them to look like the ones pictured (I have pictures). But the look on the kids' faces when they saw them made it worth the effort!
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2008
Sounds good and a fun snack or dessert for children.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Cupcake Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >