Celebrate spring with these cute critters that our home economists created from a cake mix, frosting and marshmallows. Cookies form the ears while candy gives the rapid rabbits their funny faces.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting, divided
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 12 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 24 miniature pink jelly beans
- 12 miniature red jelly beans
- 24 miniature white jelly beans
- Red shoestring licorice
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring
- 48 small oval sugar cookies
- Prepare and bake cupcake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup frosting and green food coloring; frost cupcake. Set remaining frosting aside. Cut marshmallows in half; immediately dip cut ends into coconut. Place coconut side up on cupcakes to form heads.
- Cut pink and red jelly beans in half widthwise. Cut white jelly beans in half lengthwise. With a toothpick, dab reserved frosting onto cut sides of pink jelly bean halves; attach to marshmallows for eyes. Attach red jelly beans for noses and white jelly beans for teeth.
- For whiskers, cut licorice into 1-in. pieces; attach four pieces to each cupcake. Tint remaining frosting pink. Cut a small hole in corner of a resealable plastic bag; add pink frosting. For ears, pipe an oval outline toward center of each cookie; insert two ears into each cupcake. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bunny Cupcake in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p19
Reviews for Bunny Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review