Bunkhouse Beans Recipe
- 1 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans or lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the beans; pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 668 calories, 53g fat (31g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 1385mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Bunkhouse Beans
"I have found his recipe to be so reliable when in a hurry , having others in toa meals and is so economical"
"This is the best beans with hotdogs ever. We left out the salsa and used northern beans in place of the kidney beans. SOOOO good. A great belly warmer on a cold day."
"Wonderful dish! I made this last year for a 4th of July BBQ and it was a hit."
"My family loves this. We've used little smokies cut in half instead of hot dogs and also made them in the crock pot."