With sliced hot dogs and several types of beans in the mixture, this hearty dish could be a meal in itself. It was very popular at my son's cowboy theme party. We turned our kitchen peninsula into a "covered wagon" to serve the buffet.
- 1 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans or lima beans, rinsed and drained
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the beans; pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bunkhouse Beans in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p37
Reviews for Bunkhouse Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review